Saturday, April 14, 2012

Grand Prize Egg

Okay, so I took a little bloggy hiatus.  Don’t burn me at the stake.  I absolutely loathe when people apologize for these little time-outs.  So, I AINT DOING IT.  Let’s move on…..

It’s a little past Easter, but hey, it’s spring, so in my non-type “A” personality we are all good.  At our grade school in town, the art teacher orchestrates an egg decorating contest each year.  My kids decided to do a collective entry and brain stormed themes.  Here is what they decided on (cough, cough) a few years ago, okay, so several years ago, but what’s it matter anyway? 

file10364 

LiveJournal Tags: ,

It seems that agriculture seeps into everything we do here round these parts!  So does using whatever we have on hand to get the job done.

file10362

It makes us more creative when we wait until the last minute and concoct something out of whatever we can scrounge up man!  I mean, look at those craisins for eyes and that beautiful almond nose.

file10363

This baby won us a collective GRAND PRIZE!  I’ll hold over last year’s egg entry for next year’s post.  I’m secretly doing a little cheer that we somehow dodged the contest this year….shhh, don’t tell the kids. 

update:  I think the contest maybe didn’t happen this year and that’s why we missed it.  Good to know.

HaritageFamilyFarmssignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...