Thursday, March 23, 2017

Game-On


Our family farm has social media accounts, and I am largely responsible for updating them .   I uploaded this photo last night to our farm's Facebook account.  It's gorgeous, just look at that sunset!  My hubby snapped this one for me after multiple requests for a photo of his rig for the day.  Social media and photos are not on the top of his priority list.  Must have something to do with having a whole farm to run.

Here is the update I included with this photo on the farm page: "God's handiwork enlightens the sky as we apply #anhydrous to the soil of what is to be a field of corn this coming crop year. #plant17#heritagehappenings #justin"

All true.  The part I left out was that this is the first day or spring work.  So it signifies the beginning of a season of single parenting due to long work days for the hubs.  It means juggling kids' activities alone.  Sitting on the sidelines by myself., cheering on my runners during their events alone!  The fight that ensues each night when I break it to the kindergartener that it is again....BATH TIME!  Ugh!  He hates bath time and he ain't afraid to say it.  Loudly, with gusto.  This I have to endure alone. 

Also it means that those small honey-do items in the house will likely not get done until the end of June.  The reality of this photo taken on this day is that it is:

TIME OUT on LIFEand GAME ON for FARM WORK

I'm all in, I've got my uniform clean and ready, I'm a gamer and a veteran.
But the first day of field work each season is always a little bitter sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...