Monday, May 16, 2016

A Hiatus-No More

I've been on a break.  Three years.  But whatever!  Life gets busy, but I've missed my little stint in blogging and I'm going to try to get back on the bandwagon.

This planting season has been a trying  as far as weather goes.  Trying on our patience that is.  We thought it was going well, bee bopping through the fields getting the crop planted and then it started raining and we have been stalled for many days.  In for a few, out for a few. The guys could probably tell you just how many and I probably could look it up, but let's just admit that I don't care that much and I have other stuff to do... but let's just say, it's time to get those crops in the ground!!

Selfishly, it has been a GREAT spring!  Justin has been around a little more than usual to help me get through two simultaneous track seasons.  We have junior high and high school going on at the same time.  That's alot of standing at the finish line.  With a 5 year old, it also means alot of hanging out in the vehicle out of the cold, rain, wind etc.  It's been great having my man there to help with these!  We are almost done.  Today is the last meet of our awesome season! As a veteran farmer's wife though, I know that I am going to pay for this extra time now with him being busy later.  And I'm thinking summer and fall will be interesting with side dressing and spraying and then harvest being a bit strung out.

We have an extra kiddo in our household! That makes a total of four.  We have been hosting an exchange student this spring. I always wondered what it would be like to have four kids.  I don't think this is reality.  She is 17, independant, she doens't roll her eyes at me or give me attitude.  Her room remains clean, I haven't had to tell her even once to eat, bathe, clip her nails or do her chores. She's a dream of a fourth kid.  She is not just ANY exchange student, but THE BEST exchange student.  She is wonderful.  She is from Finland.  I hope to share some photos of her time here soon.

It has been rainy, and windy and dank here. The fields that are left to be planted have just not been dry enough to get back to the business of planting.  Until today, the day of the last hoorah or a track meet for high school AND the night where we present our Heritage Family Farms scholarship at the high school.  So, we do what every family does...reorganize and make it work.  The good news is they are able to plant a little today!  Little by little it will all get planted.  We have faith.  We are farmers.


And just for fun and because I'm not procrastinating my blog anymore due to lack of photos etc....here's an awesome video from Peterson Farm Bros.  So true (just not right now)  #ihateweeds #itstoohot #chanceofrain hallelujah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...