Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness on a Family Farm-Day 1

Day 1-The Hubster

 

Oh Dear!  If you know me at all, you may know:
     1. I'm pretty spontaneous
     2. I get myself in jams often
     3. I am a "Yes Girl"
     4. I'm a joiner
     5. I'm a sharer of information
     6. I'm kind of an open book
     7. I wear my very emotional life right there on my sleeve for all to see

And, if you know me, you won't be at all surprised that I've signed up to blog 30 out of 30 days in November!  Whoa! 

This, from a very sporadic blogger even in optimal conditions.
This, from a person who is currently doing a full time long-term substitute job.
This, is from a person who has two big kids involved in too many activities in the evenings.
This, is from a person who has a two-year old to drag to said activities.
This, is from a person who has a husband that works from 6:30 am-10:00 pm most days and 6-7 days a week!

Hey, why not blog EVERY SINGLE DAY for a month.  Bring it!

I am hooking up with Holly Spangler from Prairie Farmer on this little journey.  There are other bloggers that signed up before November 1 of this venture and if you click on the link you can find links to their blogs as well. Sign up early?  Not me, I'm spontaneous, remember?! I signed up November 1 at 5pm.

My topic is about looking for the blessings and the reasons to be thankful while farming with your family.  (or my husband's family actually)

So today, November 1=DAY 1 and I am thankful for the reason I am working with my husband's family on a family farm...

 

MY HUSBAND. 




Let's refer back to the list above describing myself as we examine my second half.

If you know my husband at all, you may know:
1. He is not super spontaneous
2. He does get in jams often, but you would never know it
3. He's a "depends on the weather" kind of person when it comes to committing to anything.
4. He's not pressured to be a joiner, but he's not a loner either (thankfully!)
5. He's not  a big sharer of information (unless you're talking fertilizer, yield maps, pivots, you know, farm stuff.)
6. He's SO NOT AN OPEN BOOK
8. His emotional life is very steady.  No major highs and no major lows.
Thankfully his list compliments my list very well and he is able to help me out of situations in which I over committed myself and he talks me off of the emotional cliff when I'm wound up about XY and Z and he is steady and there and calm and honest as the day is long.  He's always living his advice to "do the right thing, even when it's hard."  He is a man of integrity and I'm glad he brought me back here for this life on the family farm.
Want to read the whole series? 30 Days of Thankfulness On a Family Farm
Day 1-The Hubster
Day 2-Abundance
Day 3-HELP!!!
Day 4-Playground Equipment
Day 5-A SHOP
Day 6-USA
Day 7-Point of View
Day 8-Sharing the Love of the Farm
Day 9-The Best of Both Worlds
Day 10-Rain, It’s A Love/Hate Relationship
Day11-Veteran’s Day
Day 12-Crafting Time on the Farm
Day 13-Romantic Afternoons With My Main Squeeze
Day 14-The Circle of Life on the Farm
Day 15-Raise Your Hands for Concession Stands
Day 16-Whoops
Day 17-Small Town Living
Day 18-Itty Bitty Bits
Day 19-Baby Daddy’s and Dilly Bars
Day 20-Dedication
Day 21-Crazy Boyz Down on the Farm
Day 22- Thanksgiving & No Shave November
Day 23-Thanksgiving-What’s the Point?
Day 24-Opportunities on the Farm
Day 25-Farm Dogs
Day 26-Party It Up on the Farm
Day 27-Elf on the Shelf Goes Country
Day 28-Farm Kids and Their Love of Animals
Day 29-My First (and possibly only) Printable
Day 30-

Want to follow along and learn more about farming and food? Click on over to 30 Days on a Prairie Farm Series.
kickoff_30_days_prairie_farm_1_634872128566419996-300x119

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I applaud you for taking on this challenge and have enjoyed getting caught up on your posts this morning (I jumped in on day 6). Can't wait to tell the kids that they can read about the farm every day. I know one that will be particularly delighted. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, what a blog it is! This web site presents valuable
    facts to us, keep it up.

    my web blog - diets that work fast

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...